Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bandit Interview

Ty: Hi Bandit, nice to see you again. I was hoping you would let me ask you a few questions about what you do here on the farm.

Bandit: Sure, if you share some of your lunch, I’d be happy to answer whatever you ask.

Ty: Ok, thanks Bandit. Can you please describe your job here on the farm for me?

Bandit: I am the head guard dog. I lay across the main driveway to make incoming cars and trucks slow down. Then I follow the car and greet the driver at their door after they park.

Ty: Come on Bandit, I know you do more than that.

Bandit: Yeah, first I make sure I recognize them. If I don’t know them, I bark as loud as I can, and follow them wherever they go on the farm.

Ty: I’ve heard your bark. It can be pretty intimidating.

Bandit: That’s the point. I’m trying to let Veronica know there’s someone on the farm we don’t know. I want that person to know they can’t sneak up on anyone. If they ignore me and walk towards the house, I also growl and show them my pointy teeth.

Ty: Yes Bandit, I’ve seen your teeth and heard you growl when I have something delicious in my lunch bag.

Bandit: You can’t blame a guy for trying.

Ty: Fair enough. How long have you worked here at Whispering Winds?

Bandit: A little more than ten years. Duke was top dog until he got himself run over on Rt. 31 about two years ago now. Poor guy, I miss him. He was a great guard, someone I looked up to.

Ty: How do you feel about the new additions to your family, Zoey and Sunny?

Bandit: Sunny’s alright. She has a great bark that would wake the dead, but she’s still learning how to follow strangers. She’ll get there.

Ty: How about Zoey?

Bandit: No comment.

Ty: Come on Bandit, I have a ham sandwich with your name on it in my bag. I know you smell it.

Bandit: Alright, alright. I can’t stand her! She thinks she’s an irresistible baby beauty queen. She lives to be rubbed and adored by ANYONE! If she was in charge she’d give the farm away for a belly rub. The jumping into strangers cars is just embarrassing! There’s no hope with that one.

Ty: Ok, Bandit I think that’s enough for now. Thanks for your time. Here’s the sandwich, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I like the hint of humor here and there. it makes it come more "alive."

    ReplyDelete